What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rudder pedals

scottw

I understand from the drawings (and the fit check)that the pedal hinge axis is not parallel with the firewall so do I taper shim the mounts to keep things from binding?

NO REPLYS!

150 VIEWS AND NO REPLYS? I FIGURE HALF OR SO OF THE VIEWS WILL BE PAST ME IN CONSTRUCTION, COME ON WHAT DID YOU DO?

rudder ped.

I ran into the same thing, drilled the mounting holes at about a ten degree angle where the pivot point is for the rudder arms. This worked fine. Once it is mounted, the rudder travel follows the center section. Good Luck!

Pedal Placement Help....I hope.

The plans are correct....they just seem crooked. One does not need to do other than drill perpendicular to the individual parts. The slight offset doesn't matter.I tried to insert a couple of photos that might help.

picture454.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

picture494i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

picture610.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Actually one needs to follow the plans pretty closely as the pedal/brake master cylinder assembly swing is critical to clear the center section.

Good Luck!

Bill

Bill with respect, the axis the pedals swing on is NOT parallel with the firewall. Its for bow legged folk!

Scottw, I did my best to drill axial holes, but did not worry about tapering. Since it is not bolted tight it works just fine.

Happy New Year everyone!

Pedal/MC Info

Pedals - Aircraft Extras.Inc. (I think there have been several threads about availability of these pedals)
Master Cylinders - Standard units from the kit (matco I believe)
Reservoirs - ACS A-600 p/n 06-00391

Steve - You are correct about not being parallel to the Firewall. Hence my not-so-clear comment about seeming "crooked". The part about the center section clearance is still important and worth checking before drilling...

Good Luck,

Bill

Back