What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Back Chart Holder

bcary

Any ideas on building/sewing and securing a chart holder on the back of a RV6 metal seat, please let me know.
Thanks,
Bill

tool pouch

May not work for charts but I bought a couple of canvas tool pouches from Harbor Freight and riveted a couple of metal strips on the back on which I put self adhesive velcro, I have these velcroed fwd of the main spar either side of the fuel select valve and between the knees. They are great for a chart, checklist, glasses, water bottle etc. Same idea might work for the back of the seat.

GBI Solution

Here is a great seat back pouch that will fit the 6. I had them on mine and I have them on my 4 as well. Becky sews them up.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

www.fly-gbi.com

2 for $50...made out of vinyl.

Wallyworld aviation dept

Wallyworld aviation dept. sells something very similar in the auto/aviation dept. for only a few bucks. There is an RV6 on the field that has some. Velcroed on.

Perhaps not the back of the seat, but you can fasten a thin plate to the area over the flap linkage. A slight bend on each end for alignment and one nut plate in each vertical rib as well as the linkage cover and you're done. On my 9, I've put this on the passenger side and can easily reach it in flight. Holds a couple of NOS IAP books as well as 3-4 charts.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Any ideas on building/sewing and securing a chart holder on the back of a RV6 metal seat, please let me know.
Thanks,
Bill
Bill,

A simple, yet efficient chart holder can be quickly fabricated from .032 material. My examples are attached to the structure with 4 screws/nutplates each. The "lightening holes" are strictly optional. :)

foq3t.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Rick, how you been? Pic's please?

OOP's, found the Pic's, apparently I was not patient enough!

Larry

Last edited:
Back