VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-05-2018, 05:25 PM

If you guys are talking about The Yard Store, so far I've only gotten some good stuff from them. Typically the same brand names I look for elsewhere, with good prices and very fast service.

That said, Cleaveland is the place to get dimple dies from, exclusively. But I've gotten considerably better drill bits from Gen-Av-Hwdr, and that's important since I'm building an RV-3B, which isn't pre-punched. I get to drill all the holes myself.

Dave
Old 07-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Paule View Post
If you guys are talking about The Yard Store, so far I've only gotten some good stuff from them. Typically the same brand names I look for elsewhere, with good prices and very fast service.

That said, Cleaveland is the place to get dimple dies from, exclusively. But I've gotten considerably better drill bits from Gen-Av-Hwdr, and that's important since I'm building an RV-3B, which isn't pre-punched. I get to drill all the holes myself.

Dave
What is this pre-punched stuff you speak of. You mean there’s kits that are already drilled? Bolder dash!
Second or I guess tenth for Cleveland. Got my original tools from them years ago and everything since. And DJ at Cleveland creates some of the nicest upholstery out there. They stand by their products.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM

Default Tool Vendors

Thanks to all for the responses to my question on tool vendors, highly speculative topic.... After speaking with Annette and Mike at Cleaveland, wow, great people, I am leaning heavily their direction.
Thanks again.

Don
Old 07-12-2018, 05:16 AM

Smile Cleveland at Oshkosh

Don if you make it to Oshkosh this year or any year for that matter, Cleveland always has their huge motorhome bus with a very large display where you can touch and see the quality of their products.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:44 AM

Default Yardstore

I have to agree with David on his recommendation of the Yardstore. https://www.yardstore.com
They are a local supplier to the Wichita aircraft factory workers and sell only aircraft sheet metal tools. Prices are competitive and their service is excellent. Couldn't be happier with them.
paid 'til 10-18