What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flyleds on RV14

Regarding the wingtip lights, you can check out the forum for the RV-10 and see how they fit. The wing tips are the exact same tip as the RV-10, even down to the slightly different dimensions between the left and right side. (The RV-10's aren't perfectly mirror images, but are slightly off, and the RV-14's appear to have been made in the same mold.)

So go there and you'll find posts that show the FlyLED's in the RV-10.

The tail fairing is not the same, but my guess is that you should be able to make it fit. I had to do some slight mods to get the Whelen to fit, so worst case you have to put a little effort in.

Chris, they look good. Did you buy the pre-made kit or the DIY kit?

I bought the pre made setup, my soldering skills are not proven yet so I let Paul do it. After looking at the parts, boards, and instructions I think I would try the kit next time though. I also changed the wires from the Van's wing harness to a shielded cable. The tail light will fit the bottom rudder fairing without having to do any fiberglass work beyond cutting the center hole foe the light + mounting ring.

Back