What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VPX and G3X connection, PFD vs MFD

TShort

Well Known Member
The VPX manual recommends connecting the VPX (primary power and serial data connections) to the MFD in a G3X setup.

I have a 3 screen G3X setup, with GDU460s on either side and a GDU450 in the center.

Is there any benefit to connecting the VPX to the PFD? Are most people following the recommendation of connecting to the MFD?

Thanks

When I had a 3 screen portrait system, I had it on my MFD which was right beside my PFD1 in front of the pilot.

When I went to a 2 screen setup, I moved it to the 10" screen right in front of the pilot which can be a full page PFD or a PFD/MFD combo. The smaller 7" screen in front of the CO-Pilot is configured as a MFD and can be full page PFD or MFD with just a touch of a soft button.

I prefer the VP-X connected screen in front of me as the pilot as this gives me all my data it provides and switching capability without reaching or looking over at the co-pilot's screen.

My pilot's side screen is also the one that comes on with the master so that the VP-X has something to communicate with and control it from the get go.

Be aware that the screens do not share the VP-X data so whatever screen you connect it to is the only screen that will have the VP-X page on it.

Back