What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 3GX with Dynon AP servos and Pitot???

Hi all,

I've gone and installed Dynon AP servos and pitot... but now find myself favoring a Garmin EFIS. Is there a compatibility issue? Where can I get more info on this?

Thanks,

The servos are not compatible with the G3X or G3X Touch. Totally different creatures.

The AOA pitot can be used with both although there does not appear to be any formal testing data out there that shows what if any performance impact using one with the other may have. The concept of how they work is basically the same so many have used them interchangeably.

The servos are not compatible with the G3X or G3X Touch. Totally different creatures.

The AOA pitot can be used with both although there does not appear to be any formal testing data out there that shows what if any performance impact using one with the other may have. The concept of how they work is basically the same so many have used them interchangeably.

What he said.

Compatibility

Like Dan, I am preparing to upgrade a panel that has, in part, a Dynon AP74 and Dynon SV32 servos. Which EFIS/autopilot systems are compatible with the dynon servos? I think the Dynon and Advanced Flight Systems are. Can anyone verify that?

Like Dan, I am preparing to upgrade a panel that has, in part, a Dynon AP74 and Dynon SV32 servos. Which EFIS/autopilot systems are compatible with the dynon servos? I think the Dynon and Advanced Flight Systems are. Can anyone verify that?

You will not need the AP74 with either Skyview or AFS EFIS. They are compatible with the SV32/42/52 AP servos.

Back