What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wrist Pin Part Number

rjp280

I'm New Here
All,

I am building an 160hp IO320 and planning on installing the 75089 8.5:1 compression pistons. Can anyone help me figure out the part number for the proper thick-walled piston pin?

Thank you!

:confused:

Ask Aircraft Specialty Services. They know know this stuff. Or Ly-Con. I got most my stuff from J&J Air Parts, they too know all the numbers....

Mahlon just went through this on the" I pulled my cylinder thread" He likes the
LW 14078 which superseded LW14077 Heavy wall pin and the 60828 plug ends
RHill

pins

The ECI or Superior pins are the same price as the lycomings but come with the plugs. you have to buy the plugs also 72198 which are 17.00 each.

superior is SL13444-1
ECI is AEL14077-1

Jesse

Mattituck long Island was one of a few top engine suppliers to the RV community before it was bought out. Mahlon is the man who extended a helping hand to many builders who had engine questions.The answer below is in response to my question of What did Mattituck put in the TMX engines.
RHill
We had problems with both the aluminum bronze plugs and the piloted insertable aluminum plug lw-11775 as well as the one piece pins from eci and superior which had a non removable plug like the lw-11775. So we used the aluminum 60828 plugs. Still would have one go bad occasionally but had the best luck with them.
Pecking order for us was 60828, lw-11775 or equivalent, 72198
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Back