What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O320 with 10.5 cylinders?

Has anyone had LY Con flow there heads and up the Compression to 10.5 on there O 320? Also what was your impression I fly out of 6000 ft. msl.

Last edited:
Ten to One...

Has anyone had LY Con flow there heads and up the Compression to 10.5 on there O 320? Also what was your impression I fly out of 6000 ft. msl.

Chuck,
I didn't install LyCon pistons but I installed aftermarket Airboat TRW forged racing pistons (10.25:1) and rods in my RV4's wide deck 0-320E2D with stock cylinders. It has amassed 500 hours with no worries, the new owner having no problem keeping up with much higher HP airplanes.

Performance is stellar, estimating 175HP, burns less fuel and runs cooler...

V/R
Smokey

Chuck,
I installed aftermarket Airboat TRW forged racing pistons (10.25:1) and rods in my RV4's wide deck 0-320E2D with stock cylinders. It has amassed 500 hours with no worries, the new owner having no problem keeping up with much higher HP airplanes.

Where do you get these pistons from Smokey?

Yes combustion tech has been around awhile, but I'm wondering if TRW actually makes a piston for a Lyc.

9:1 - 357

I used their 357 forged pistons in a 0320 for 9:1 compression. Very nice mfg, ran great for the 100+ hours and still doing good. Had to get heavy wall pins from another place though.

Back