What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Certificates of Airworthiness

calpilot

Well Known Member
Starting July 1, 2020, applicants for C of A on their projects must upload all documents through the FAA applicant portal.
https://awc.faa.gov/AWCExternalApplicant/Splash/Index
I am a MIDO and FSDO DAR, and request applicants that want me to inspect their project send me the documents first, I check them for errors, and then return by .pdf to the applicant for uploading. There are issues with the new system, hopefully will be worked out soon, meaning sometime in the next 12 months or so. Errors on the documents can delay the processing of the application and the assignment of a DAR of ASI to inspect the project. Soooo, if you don't speak computer, or do not have a scanner that can save as a .pdf,
perhaps check with your local library (post Covid19) and see if they have one you can use.
Regards,

Gary Brown
DAR-T
DAR-F

I just worked with the DFW FSDO to use the new system. I was able to take a pic of my documents with my phone than upload the pic into the FAA system.

As an example, I needed to state my new test area. So I fired up Foreflight, drew a round robin flight plan, and took a screen shot. Uploaded my screen shot of the Foreflight Sectional, and everything got approved. Wasn't too bad on that portion.

But with the filling out of the forms......that required some back and forth with with inspector handling my application.

Kinda reminds me of IACRA or MedExpress. Not fun the first time around but gets easier.

Back