What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

Wesflies

On July 6th, 2018, N1277G RV-7A changed from a 2800.3 hour (fourteen year, two month, and thirteen day) project into an airplane. It was a .8 hour flight without any issues. Flight handling was just as advertised and the landing was a greaser! I cannot wait to fly it again and get past Phase 1.
My RV is powered by a 180hp Lycoming Thunderbolt, and a Hartzell constant speed prop (Van?s show special at OSH 2017). The instrument panel was designed and built by Jared Solomon and me and includes two Dynon Skyview 10" HD Touch Screens, Dynon ADS-B in and out, Dynon Auto Pilot, Dynon Intercom and Com, and Vertical Power VP-X. The interior was done by Oregon Aero.
As you may imagine, after taking over fourteen years to build, there are simply too many people to thank. There were many people who helped in so many small ways. I?m sorry if I do not mention your name. However the folks that spent the most time helping and get special mention are; Art Sanders, Jere Rosser, Skip Elsworth, David Anderson, Scott Kilgore, and Jared Solomon. Jared gets honorable mention as he really helped me ?get over the hump? the last eight months or so, and helped see this to completion. I can?t close this without thanking my wife, Joy. She was the most help of all! She NEVER questioned this dream and ALWAYS was encouraging when there was a bad building day. She never complained about how long it took to build, how much space I took in the basement; how much money I spent; I could go on. I am so excited to take her flying and to exciting places very soon.
Obligatory pictures attached. The RV Grin with Jared (my co-pilot) and me, taxi to first flight, touchdown first flight, and instrument panel
Wesley Greer
RV-7A
Serial number 71813
N1277G
zF28VW.jpg

ruy6pQ.jpg

1CGLsR.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/6681/SPkuiC.jpg

Congratulations and thanks...

Thanks for the inspiration, Wesley! I'm on my 14th year as well and getting closer to flying every day.

Dave

Back