What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel wiring

Hitt7A

Does anyone have photos of where they mounted all the components behind the instrument panel they can share ? I'm doing a dual dynon VFR panel and can't seem to find many examples.

Does anyone have photos of where they mounted all the components behind the instrument panel they can share ? I'm doing a dual dynon VFR panel and can't seem to find many examples.

For a 7/7A right? Is yours a slider or tip up? The structure behind the panel is different between the two so the boxes will be located differently too (along with all the differing styles between builder preference.)

Sub Panel

Depends on structure (slider vs tipper) but, I fabricated cardboard mock ups of every box then played the location game with them. Problem was the Vertical Power VPX box. It was a space hog. I fabricated two hinged panels from .032" stock. They are hinged between the panel and sub panels. I can drop them forward or aft or pull them completely just by pulling hinge pins. They also really stiffened the panels. There's photos on my blog.
Nothing is purchased but all the cardboard mock ups fit just fine.

7A panel and instrument location

Send me a pm or email. I am not far from you on Whidbey and have reached the stage of wiring up the panel and pulling wires. Duel HDX and mostly Dynon with Garmin GNC255 and GTX 200, single battery, dual alternators and conventional circuit breakers. Tip up canopy. You are welcome to come take a look at my project.

Keith Turner

For a 7/7A right? Is yours a slider or tip up? The structure behind the panel is different between the two so the boxes will be located differently too (along with all the differing styles between builder preference.)

Yes mine is a 7A with a tip up,

Back