What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to buy Christen inverted oil system

ksdflying

Well Known Member
Friend
My online search is coming up dry for information and a website of whom manufactures the Christen inverted oil system.
Anyone know any details? Even when I search Aviat Aircraft website I don't find any product line for Christen oil system. I found Raven. But I'm trying to get details about Christen.

As a Christen Eagle owner...
You can call aviat and the can sell you one (not cheap). Its manufactured in house with Aviat. I have all the installation manuals for it, that I can email you if you just need instructions

If you want to save some money, order the hoses and fittings separately and make the hoses yourself. All you really need is the Basic System Kit (air/oil separator, oil valve, and breather tee), a sump kit, and a weld boss kit. You can even do away with the breather tee if you get B & C?s vacuum pad adapter. https://bandc.com/product/bc704-h-inverted-oil-pickup-4-cylinder-lycoming/

Another idea is to have Tom at TS Flightlines make your hoses. I bought a used Christen system and had Tom make me new, custom length hoses. Agree with the vacuum pad adapter - Raven has one as well. Your sump might have an extra boss or two already installed (the Superior cold air sump does).

Great. Thank you

Thank you everyone. Yes I am already talking with TS Flightlines. And I seen them for sale new from Spruce and Vans too, but I was really wanting to talk to someone to understand some details about the system. I will reach out to Aviat now that I know they are the go to.

Thanks for all the clarification all.

Back