What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rib alignment second set of eyes please

propsync

Well Known Member
Can someone confirm that where I have the red circles are the proper alignment? Thank you!!

14vpuyr.gif

I can't help you directly since I'm not a 14 builder, but if you have the skins, they can help debug your allignment question.

Just look at the rib to the left, it can only go in one spot. Now go to your rivet detail plans for top skins and count over to the right and should give you a double check for correct placement. It will probably show the longer rivets thru the skin for that backer plate as well, or pull out your top skin like Bill suggested.

Looks correct.
The way to confirm is lay a ruler/straight edge along the extension line on the drawing and confirm which holes the the extension line aligns with.

if it was not that hole, then over one would put you smack in the middle of the big hole.

The other thing to do is to start putting in clecos starting at one end or the other of the spar. All the ribs should be parallel. If you cleco that one in the wrong place it should be obvious. You should be able to count holes between ribs as well.

Just look at the rib to the left, it can only go in one spot. Now go to your rivet detail plans for top skins and count over to the right and should give you a double check for correct placement. It will probably show the longer rivets thru the skin for that backer plate as well, or pull out your top skin like Bill suggested.

Excellent, thanks

check the rivet callout

The next page shows the rivet call outs. The rivets going into the rib are longer then the ones just going threw the spar.

Back