What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next kits

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Just trying to figure out what might be included in the FWF kit. Reading Van's letter on the avionics kit they mention that the big wires from the battery to the alternator will be included in the power plant kit. Anyone have a handle on what is going to be included in the FWF kit?

The latest version of chapter 4 has a pretty complete listing of every part and which kit it comes in. I'm sure they'll have some minor changes when the kits are actually released, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they're planning by looking at the table in chapter 4.

Chapter 4?

The latest version of chapter 4 has a pretty complete listing of every part and which kit it comes in. I'm sure they'll have some minor changes when the kits are actually released, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they're planning by looking at the table in chapter 4.

I have been through all the support dowloads on the Vans site for all models, I cannot find a Chapter 4. Would you be willing to post the Table? Thx.

I found it, it's in with the front of the wing plans. It was of no help to me, only four items listed as to power plant, nothing listed as FWF.

I found it, it's in with the front of the wing plans. It was of no help to me, only four items listed as to power plant, nothing listed as FWF.

I have a version of the plans CD that I picked up at Oskhosh last year after the finish kit was released, and it has quite a bit more information in chapter 4. A quick search for "powerplant" shows about 68 parts listed. It lists baffle parts, oil cooler parts, hoses, cables, and so on. It's clearly not very accurate for the firewall forward kit, but the latest version gives you a pretty good idea of what they are planning to do.

OK , thanks. Hopefully we will get the FWF before spring arrives, so I can start putting thing together.

The power plant kit will include everything to finish the install of an engine and propeller except for the actual engine (including ignition system and fuel injection systems, and starter mtr) and propeller.

In the kit will be-

Engine mount isolators and hardware.
Engine baffling (all final trimmed).
Oil cooler with plenum, ducts and oil hoses.
Fuel hoses
Hoses and hardware for connecting fuel pressure, oil pressure , and man. pressure sensors (but not the sensors them selves)
Complete induction system with interface to baffling
Complete exhaust system with all mounting brackets, hardware and heat shields.
Complete cabin heat system, (ducting, muffs, etc.)
All engine controls, related brackets and hardware.
Prop gov.
Prop spinner (pre marked for easy trimming / installation).
Alternator.
FWF Electrical system (this will take care of the main elect for master & starter relays, etc)

And probably some other stuff I am forgetting.....

The kit should be available soon (but I don't know a specific date).... production has been ramping up on all parts (I saw exhaust systems on a pallet on Thursday) and the final couple of plans sections were undergoing final review this past week.

Last edited:
The power plant kit will include everything to finish the install of an engine and propeller except for the actual engine (including ignition system and fuel injection systems, and starter mtr) and propeller.

In the kit will be-

Engine mount isolators and hardware.
Engine baffling (all final trimmed).
Oil cooler with plenum, ducts and oil hoses.
Fuel hoses
Hoses and hardware for connecting fuel pressure, oil pressure , and man. pressure sensors (but not the sensors them selves)
Complete induction system with interface to baffling
Complete exhaust system with all mounting brackets, hardware and heat shields.
Complete cabin heat system, (ducting, muffs, etc.)
All engine controls, related brackets and hardware.
Prop gov.
Prop spinner (pre marked for easy trimming / installation).
Alternator.
FWF Electrical system (this will take care of the main elect for master & starter relays, etc)

And probably some other stuff I am forgetting.....

The kit should be available soon (but I don't know a specific date).... production has been ramping up on all parts (I saw exhaust systems on a pallet on Thursday) and the final couple of plans sections were undergoing final review this past week.

Thank you Scott
Just what I was looking for.

Back