What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN824 jam nut torque value

Debovsky

AN924 jam nut torque value

I thought this could be useful to others. Especially to the first time builders like me :D.

I'm about to complete the fuel cells and I'm to the point where I need to torque the jam nut (AN924-4D) on the bulkhead union (AN832-4D). This information relates to page 18-06 Step 6 and 7. I've search through Section 5 of the building manual and the forum for the torque value to apply on the jam nut but no luck there. Searched the web as well but couldn't find any satisfactory data that was very specific to this fitting so I asked Van's support. Surprisingly, instead of simply giving me the torque value for that part, they pointed me to this link: http://aviationmiscmanuals.tpub.com/TM-1-1500-204-23-2/css/TM-1-1500-204-23-2_54.htm

Please note that the above mentioned fitting also refers to a "MS33515".

Here's a table of the torque values (as an image file) corresponding to that fitting.

Torque%20value%20for%20AN924%20jam%20nut_zpshl0pax1d.png

I've rewritten that table in a Excel format so if someone wants it just PM me and I'll send it.

Last edited:
AN924

Your heading and table say AN824 which is a tee. Your text says AN924, which is the nut.

Back