What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Tool Supply - experiences ?

fr0gpil0t

Well Known Member
I'm accumulating tools to start an RV build and ordered a rivet squeezer and accessories which ATS promoted as a Father's Day special. (Hey being Father's day seemed like a good excuse to buy tools ;-)

Well it's October and long past Father's day and still no squeezer - waiting on the factory to deliver supplies is their excuse. ATS don't seem to see the problem with advertising something they cannot supply.

I've had good experience with ATS in the past ( a little more expensive but good quality). As I'm buying a lot more tools is this experience typical for others ? Or a one off ? Time to find another supplier ?

Robert

I've had excellent experience with ATS, along with the other tool vendors. Give them a call and see what's going on.

Dave

Never had a problem and the core of my tool kit came from ATS. I've also bought odds and ends from them over the years as well and have always had prompt delivery. Might want to give them a call to see what's up.

Last edited:
ats

they always good for me. have faith and patience, but callem, and it may have been a while but it is going to take a lot longer to build the plane, to put it into perspective, this race goes to the turtle not the rabbit

I agree with what everyone else has said. Call them and try to get to the bottom of it.

I suspect the hold up is that their supplier is no longer offering the same deal to them, putting them, and you, on perpetual "hold" until another large shipment can be put together at the originally agreed upon price. My wife and I experienced this once when we bought a washer/dryer set on a "Black Friday" large volume sale. They kept saying it was on "back order" until finally they offered to either return our money or put it towards the purchase of another product (with a higher price). Unfortunately, this is a side effect of the "volume discount" business. If you're one of the last to order and they run out of stock, you may not get the deal in the end.

I ran into the exact same problem with ATS. They said the squeezer, would ship soon, well i called them and soon to them was three months later! Go to ebay and search for

Hand-Rivet-Squeezer-Kit-24-piece-w-Dimple-Dies-and-Squeezer-Sets-New

Its a super nice set and a better price than ATS.

I think others nailed this. They probably bought a large lot and certainly offered a good price so sold out. Now waiting for the next production run or enough orders to get a similar price.

I've been calling them regularly and my frustration was they didn't see the problem with continuing to advertise the offer with out being able to deliver.

Sounds like this is a one-off problem.

Robert

Last edited:
For me the customer service has been great. However, the c-frame that they sell is no where near the quality as others. But they did agree to do a refund for me. My 3x rivet gun seems pretty good quality as well as many other tools I have from them.

Checked in with ATS today - and they are now quoting a mid-December delivery not bad for a rivet squeezer ordered in June !! Time to look elsewhere unless there is a worldwide shortage of squeezers ;-)

Customer service is pretty poor - it's their supplier's problem not theirs, and no they don't notify customers of delays up to me to call them regularly.
Robert

Checked in with ATS today - and they are now quoting a mid-December delivery not bad for a rivet squeezer ordered in June !! Time to look elsewhere unless there is a worldwide shortage of squeezers ;-)

Customer service is pretty poor - it's their supplier's problem not theirs, and no they don't notify customers of delays up to me to call them regularly.
Robert

I think this statement applies more generally to world industry and advertising philosophy, as a whole, plus the way everything is supplied from somewhere else these days. not necessarily an ATS issue, specifically. Unfortunately, this is just how things get done (or not) these days.

Back