What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat gust lock

YellaDawg

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Was able to use my new gust lock this week and really like it. I have Tosten grips and it fit nicely once adjusted and did the job. Plus it looks like a high quality aviation device and is very compact.

Same here. Have "hangar tested" but not yet ramp tested. Love the compact size and light weight. I got Allan to send me extra set of HW for the other stick so I can use it on either side. However, you have to be sitting on the side that you're using it on because you need leg strength to lock it in place.

Gust lock

Good point. I always try to remember to stow mine within reach from the pilot seat when I remove mine. Saves getting in and out just to set the gust lock.

My favorite cockpit assessory from Antisplat is the Easy Exit Bar to push against when getting in and out just in case I can't reach your gust lock. At 67 it makes entry and exit way better. John

Last edited:
I'll check out the easy exit bar, I chose not to install the "step" which I regret. I didn't realize how tall the taildragger sits.

Pictures please!

Can anyone post pictures of the RV-14 Gust Lock installed in their aircraft?

Almost rv14 seat mod

I really like the easy exit mod but I only use it for a few seconds while getting in or out but the almost rv14 seat mod is absolutely wonderful for hours on end.

Back