What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mcfarlane throttle cable for RV-7A Lycoming IO-360M1B

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Has anybody used a McFarlane 'Vernier-Assist' throttle cable on an RV-7A with a Lycoming IO-360M1B (specifically this engine on this aircraft)?
If so, which model number did you use?
The Van's stock cable is the 50.5 inch cable, but McFarlane's website doesn't advertise such a length. I'm trying do determine the correct part number.

Sid,
Download their catalog and look at page 34. I'm looking at the catalog I picked up from them at OSH this year. The V.A. throttle control with 10-32 threaded end is MCTV1035-LLL (LLL= length in inches) or MCTV2035-LLL with 1/4-28 threaded end.

That's the one, Carlos, thanks. Will call them today. Maybe I can receive and install it before the Pine Bluff formation clinic. I'm on my 2nd Van's stock cable, but it just isn't smooth. I've tried heat shield, rerouting for a straighter cable path...it still tries to bind up, making precision power adjustments difficult while flying in formation. My bro-in-law's new-to-him 7A as this McFarlane throttle cable: It is VERY smooth, precisely what I need for good formation work.

Thanks again, Carlos.

Last edited:
Back