VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 AM

I'm trying to determine if a GNC355 will fit in my installation. I really need more detail than just the dimensions. I'm looking for a mechanical drawing with dimensions similar to those provided in the GNS430 install manuals. My GNS430 is a close fit, but depending on the location of the connectors a GNC355 may fit. I imagine others are looking for the same information. Please post or provide a link to mechanical drawings for all three navigators so we can determine which navigator works in our particular installation.

Thanks

Jim Butcher
Old 10-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h&jeuropa View Post
I'm trying to determine if a GNC355 will fit in my installation. I really need more detail than just the dimensions. I'm looking for a mechanical drawing with dimensions similar to those provided in the GNS430 install manuals. My GNS430 is a close fit, but depending on the location of the connectors a GNC355 may fit. I imagine others are looking for the same information. Please post or provide a link to mechanical drawings for all three navigators so we can determine which navigator works in our particular installation.

Thanks

Jim Butcher
Hello Jim,

Please send us an email at G3Xpert@garmin.com and we will provide anything you need.

Thank you for considering the GNC 355 for your upgrade.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:21 AM

I have a Dynon D10a and want to replace my current GPS/COMM with the GNC 355. Has anyone been able to link the GNC 355 to a D10a? I think that it may be possible with the HS34 expansion module?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:23 AM

Default Cross fill possible?

Steve,
In an existing panel with an existing 650 or 750, can flight plans cross fill between those radios and a new installed GNC355, like they can if you had two 650’s? Is it possible for the new GNC 355 to share flight information with another radio, like 650 and 750’s can? If not, do you see a possible software update to make that possible? To get wireless communication to a 650 or 750, we need Flightstream. The 355 has wireless built in. So, along the same line of the first question, can we use the 355 to receive information from our iPad running Garmin Pilot, and this information be transferred to a 650 or 750 also. Or, do we need two different receivers, one the internal receiver in the 355, and a separate Flightstream for the 650/750? If two are required, will Garmin Pilot wirelessly connect to two radios at the same time? Hoping for a simple cross fill solution between this new radio and older 650/750 series!
Thanks, Jim
Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv699jb View Post
Steve,
In an existing panel with an existing 650 or 750, can flight plans cross fill between those radios and a new installed GNC355, like they can if you had two 650’s? Is it possible for the new GNC 355 to share flight information with another radio, like 650 and 750’s can? If not, do you see a possible software update to make that possible? To get wireless communication to a 650 or 750, we need Flightstream. The 355 has wireless built in. So, along the same line of the first question, can we use the 355 to receive information from our iPad running Garmin Pilot, and this information be transferred to a 650 or 750 also. Or, do we need two different receivers, one the internal receiver in the 355, and a separate Flightstream for the 650/750? If two are required, will Garmin Pilot wirelessly connect to two radios at the same time? Hoping for a simple cross fill solution between this new radio and older 650/750 series!
Thanks, Jim
On a similar note, can the GNC 355 crossfill with the GNS-430W?
Old 10-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Hello,

Currently there is no flight plan crossfill capability between the new GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375 navigators and GNS/GTN, but it is something being considered.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:36 PM

Default Crossfill

Steve,
Thanks for the reply! “If” the consideration to make cross fill happen were to happen, would it require rewiring if one had already made an installation with a new 355 and a 650/750 installation, or would it be just software updates. I would start the install tomorrow if crossfill were available! From the previous post, can Garmin Pilot talk to a 650/750 through Flightstream and the new 355 simultaneously, or would you have to change the Bluetooth connections on the iPad and talk to one at a time?
Thanks,
Jim