- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-9/9A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2018, 04:17 PM

Default PDF diagrams

Van's has a really useful document here:

https://www.vansaircraft.com/public/...4/WH-00125.pdf
Old 10-05-2018, 04:53 PM

Before you order anything, make a list of all the electrical things you want and the expected amperage draw.

Once you have that list made and know how many amps each item will require, you can start designing your electrical system. The good news for you is that some of the LED lights and strobes hardly draw any power.

Here is a partial list. You will have to add and/or delete the things you want in your plane. Remember, the more things you add, the more complex and heavier the plane becomes. It is up to you to figure out which items you can combine and which you want to stand alone. For example, with my Taildragger, the landing and taxi lights are on separate breaker switches because I need one with the tail down and both with the tail up. You could combine this to one three position switch and a separate breaker but I just used two breaker switches.

Landing Light
Taxi Light
Strobes
Position Lights
Interior Overhead Lights
Panel Lights
Pitot heat
EFIS 1
EFIS 2
AP Roll Servo
AP Pitch Servo
Audio Panel or Intercom
ANR Headset Power
Radio 1
Radio 2
Transponder
ADS-B
Nav GPS
VOR/ILS
Backup GPS (Handheld)
Backup EFIS
Backup Radio (Handheld)
Flap Position Indicator
EICommander (Sorry, had to add that!)
Left Ignition
Right Ignition
Starter

etc.

Good luck!

PS. I used Microsoft Visio to draw my schematics, available on my website. it is a great tool for these things.
Build the plane you want, not the plane others want you to build!
SC86 - Easley, SC
www.repucci.com/bill/baf.html
Old 10-05-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchaneer View Post
Hi,

Anybody got any basic wiring schematics and layouts for a RV9A
Not decided on avionics or panel yet but want to put together some wiring looms for wings and rear fuselage which contain the needed cables and nessesary wiring sizes.
Have purchased 18 and 22 AWG wire to make them up from but looking to advice of what equipment to include supplies to. Will have pitch and roll servos fitted and electric trims controlled from sticks.
Any advice welcome and some installation pictures as to routing and position if available. Looked on the forum before but couldn't find too many pictures.
It really depends on what you want to install, though you can run looms for things like nav lights and trims through the wings and tailcone, that's fairly standard.

I used a free online schematic generator from Digikey to produce my drawings. I have a single-screen SkyView system, VP-X and only a KLN-90 for navigation (not shown, it's a recent addition). You can download the original size HERE

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A 19-8519 - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Phase I done. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:08 AM

Default Nice drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRviator View Post
I used a free online schematic generator from Digikey to produce my drawings. I have a single-screen SkyView system, VP-X and only a KLN-90 for navigation (not shown, it's a recent addition). You can download the original size HERE
That's a very clean drawing - wow. Well done.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:24 AM

Default Steinair

Figuring out the wire runs between all of my components had me stumped. Dual Skyview, GTN 650, SL40, VPX, ...... Analysis paralysis for sure. Contacted Stein (where I purchased most components) and he advised they could provide me a wiring diagram of my WHOLE plane. That was 5 years ago & believe it was $125. Best $125 spent.
RV 7A RV #9700
N325KS the Flying K
Built in SoCal KCCB, now @ KPXE
200+ Hours & 5x cross the USA
2018 OSH - yes
Old 10-06-2018, 05:32 AM

Now days its in the $400 range(avionics) I did have them draw out my avionics and it was the best thing I ever did.

VAF Paid 2018
Old 10-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Default Wiring schematics for RV9A

Thanks to all of you for your replies it has certainly got me thinking.
A great deal of info to get me started, much appreciated.
Only one issue I have when using this site as a resource is when you view older posts some or all the photos have disappeared/expired and to quote the proverbial " a picture speaks a thousand words" has been lost.
That said This place is great to point you in the right direction whatever your issue.
Reg number reserved: G-RVSK
Donation made for 2018