What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston Area Monthly RV Builders Lunch - February 2014

dsyvert2

Well Known Member
The third Saturday (February 15th) is upon us, so lets get together for lunch at our monthly RV luncheon. This Saturday we will meet at Carl's BBQ for some good BBQ. Nothing will get you more motivated to finish your plane than our RV get together and some good Texas BBQ. Carl's is located at Weiser Airpark on HWY 290 frontage road between Telge and Huffmeister in the NW part of Houston. We meet at 11:30 am.

Dave Syvertson

HOUSTON AREA MONTHLY RV BUILDER LUNCH
Third Saturday of Every Month at 11:30 am (or TBD)

Background
Group of Van?s RV builders, wannabes and flyers that get together monthly for lunch. Typically meets at or near airports in the area. Builder visits or flying RV visits are common. Great resource for builder tips, motivation and advice. Generally there is about 10 to 15 attendees for the lunch. Over 30 people in group. No membership fees! No volunteer requests! No officers! Just show up! Lively and wide ranging conversation.

Everyone is welcome! Out of town visitors are also welcome!

Some of the attendees in the past year.

1. Phil P. ? RV-10 building
2. Bryan J. (Lopass) ? RV-8
3. Chuck M ? RV-8 flying
4. Marshall ? RV-6 flying
5. Chuck M. - RV-8 flying
6. Phil - RV-7 flying
7. Jim K. - RV-7A flying
8. Daryl T. - RV-7A flying
9. Dave S. - RV-10 building working on 2nd 90%
10. Peter - RV-10 building far along via 28 days on-off working in Korea
11. Dennis - RV-7A (builder)
12. Dale - RV-7A (first timer)
13. Dean and Donna - RV-7A (first timers)
14. Steve ? RV-9
15. Tim ? RV-10 builder
16. Dan ? RV-7 builder
17. William S. ? RV-8
18. Louise H ? RV-6 & RV-3
19. Jay ? RV-9A
20. Mike D ? RV-6a flying
21. Bjorn N.
22. Phillip C. ? Recent Texan
23. Ernie B. ? Eagles Nest

Past lunch locations
? Builder?s hanger/home
? Weiser Airport
? Hooks Airport
? Wharton Airport
? Conroe Airport
? Pearland Airport
? West Houston Airport

Houston Builder Lunch

Be sure to pencil our monthly luncheon for this coming Saturday.

Daryl, I am out of town but will get you the items you need for next month sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Dave Syvertson

I'll be there with a guest - my director of software and I are going up for a hop in his Cherokee in the morning, and we'll drop by Weiser for lunch afterwards.

Anyone coming to the lunch meet up tomorrow have the OP46 instructions available. It's for the stall warning install, I seem to have misplaced mine.

If anyone's ready for some practice canopy drilling or cutting, let me know and I'll bring you the test piece (old canopy from Paul Dye's RV-8).

Last edited:
Flew (as pax) in for lunch with Lone Star Squadron, 3 ship. Enjoyed my first bit of RV10 stick time. Nice 70 degree day in Houston. Thanks guys!

e2ca5448bf4224e0fd1e0038cbe25b94_zps70c4252a.jpg

47350a48c41d0092b9112b5bc3cbd438_zpsf5e327ea.jpg

cf98b007803ff52e0432c69f0a076bd0_zps2ff30128.jpg

Missing my plane, still considering nose wheel failure repairs.

Carl

Monthly Houston RV Luncheon

Sounds like it was a great time. Just got back into town and will catch up with everyone next month. Thanks to the Lone Star Squadron for flying down from Conroe!

Did anyone get a count of how many people were there? Any new attendees?

Dave Syvertson

Sounds like it was a great time. Just got back into town and will catch up with everyone next month. Thanks to the Lone Star Squadron for flying down from Conroe!

Did anyone get a count of how many people were there? Any new attendees?

Dave Syvertson

There were 3 full tables (6+6+4) plus some added chairs, I would guesstimate turnout to about 20.

Back