What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint Job

a25afm

This is what I think my paint job will look like. I have not decided on the blue color yet. What do you think?
finaltop.jpg

39.jpg

looks good ...

Looks like it would be good. I haven't even ordered emp kit yet, but have played around with paint ideas (dreaming). With yours would be interested to see:
1. What if you make the checkering on the tail black and white? Use the same black as you have between the blue and grey. To me that matches more with the expected look of a "checkered flag".
2. I am thinking that I would make the top surface over the engine / in front of the cockpit a matte black, in order to minimise reflections. Perhaps consider that as well - shouldn't make the side view much different, particularly if you keep it to the top only and just wrap it around very slightly down the side (inch or two at most). Not sure what other actual owners / pilots think of this?

One thing is for sure, it always looks better on the finished thing!! So, given that it already looks good, I'm sure you'll have a winner. :)

Darren

JOMO

IMHO, slightly darker blue, with a bit of red somewhere.

(JOMO= Just One Man's Opinion) :rolleyes:

I like it as is!

This is what I think my paint job will look like. I have not decided on the blue color yet. What do you think?

I think it is very, very nice. Some of these newer fancy paint jobs are a bit "busy" for my own personal taste. What program are you using to design your scheme? I need to do the same for my -7.

Thanks

Can you re-post that in yellow?

Ditto! Please? I like that scheme just fine... I'm leaning towards something similar only a deep yellow in place of the blue. I'd try and repaint your pic myself but I'm just no good with a paint program; I have one or two paint programs here but just don't know how to use 'em... anyone know of a paint program for morons like me?

OK I am computer dumb!:eek: How did you do the simulation? What software did you use to "paint"? Be kind to the old one.
Thank you
Dave "Swift"
I really like the paint scheme!:)

Looks Great!

but I'd add some invasion stripes, stars and stuff.

seriously, I think it is awesome looking and my taste would go to a little darker blue!

keep the dream alive!

Use Micosoft Paint

I used Microsoft Paint. Copy and paste a photo on paint and start painting. Van's has a few aircraft drawings that you can also use. Let me know if this helps.

Alex Margheritis
RV-8 N214MK
215 hours on the hobbs.

Last edited:
Back