What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crankshaft differences

jask

Well Known Member
I am looking at a lycoming 13B27120 for $6,000 verses a Superior SL-36500-A31 at $4,000. Does anyone have experience with the differences and is it worth it?

Crankshaft

thanks Gil, that is good information. Superior is changing vendors giving a 2 year leadtime and no one stocks the item so it looks like I will have to go with lycoming.

ECI crank

I might have a ECI crank in the same configuration for around 4800.00. Save you a bit and they don't have the AD if you convert to fixed pitch. You can call the shop if you have any questions. I haven't been on the computer much lately.

Jesse
970-874-7575

O-360 crankshaft

The Continental "Prime" aftermarket crankshaft equivalent to the Lycoming 13B27120 is part # AEL36002-1. It has a robust solid flange that is .44" thick, 1/2-20 thread flange bushings, and is set up for constant speed propeller operation. Aviall have them in stock. They are a more affordable alternative manufactured and backed by OEM Continental Motors.

Agreed.

James is correct. We have had good luck with the AEL cranks and I specified one for my personal engine in our 8 and it has done very well.
Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Back