What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which CS prop with your Cummins spinner?

maniago

Well Known Member
So Allan informed me today that his spinners are designed and tested/fitted only for the F7479 blended foil blades. His spinner doesnt fit on my F7666 blades without cutout interference at full deflection - no mention of blade type on his website.

Not slamming Allan, really just curious if anyone else has fitted their Cummins to a F7666 Arrow blade and can give me any lessons learned or send pics etc showing fitment so I can still use the spinner, which I would like to do if possible.

If not, I may have a brand new not yet drilled or in anyway molested shiny AL spinner for sale for someone with blended blades......:(

You can order one without any cutouts and do it yourself. I?m using my beauty spinner with Catto.

So Allan informed me today that his spinners are designed and tested/fitted only for the F7479 blended foil blades. His spinner doesnt fit on my F7666 blades without cutout interference at full deflection - no mention of blade type on his website.

Not slamming Allan, really just curious if anyone else has fitted their Cummins to a F7666 Arrow blade and can give me any lessons learned or send pics etc showing fitment so I can still use the spinner, which I would like to do if possible.

If not, I may have a brand new not yet drilled or in anyway molested shiny AL spinner for sale for someone with blended blades......:(

You can order one without any cutouts and do it yourself. I?m using my beauty spinner with Catto.

So if you cut your own reliefs, did you flange the slots or did you just leave them straight? Part of the beauty of what Allan made is the flangeing to avoid any cracking in that high stress area.....

The James cowl is made for a 13" spinner, so pretty much everyone uses the ubiquitous Vans 13" backplate and spinner for this......unless they get something from the junk yard.

So if you cut your own reliefs, did you flange the slots or did you just leave them straight? Part of the beauty of what Allan made is the flangeing to avoid any cracking in that high stress area.....

I find this ironic. The only spinner I have ever seen crack at the prop blade cut out was flanged. The flange also adds drag.

Well sample size of one doesnt really make a trend. But are you also saying that most if not all AL spinners are not flanged in the first place?

Back