What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Center console

bob888

Well Known Member
Has anyone used the Aerosport center console (the arm one, not the under panel one) without the under panel console? I find the front end sits open about an inch above the tunnel cover and will need to be cut back to access the fuel selector. I like the idea of a center console in my cars, so why not in the 10? However, may be more trouble than it is worth since it was apparently not designed to be used without the full under panel center console. Ideas? Mods that people have come up with?

Center Console

I installed it as a stand alone unit.

The tunnel cover was cut into two parts just aft of the fuel valve where the sides are notched. I then trimmed the console even with the new tunnel cover split. Fits great and with the split, the console only needs to be removed when you want access to the tunnel directly under it.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott...I get that it needs to be cut just behind the fuel selector. It looks to me that there will be an opening standing about 1 to 2 inches above the level of the tunnel cover on the front end of the console. If that is right, did you glass it in or do other cosmetic work on the cutoff front end?

No problem installing mine, with the Andair selector on top of the cutout. I'm not sure why you'd have a gap, even if you trimmed it back to clear the selector.
FP24072013A0000Z.jpg

I do not have the lower console but I do have Geoff's center console. I cut the extension piece off flush so my andair mounts to the tunnel cover. There is a small gap between it and the tunnel cover but you cannot really see it. I might add a rubber seal along the edge to fill the gap but haven't yet.

If you run headset wires and such into the center console make sure you use a CPC or similar that allows you to disconnect and remove the center console altogether. Otherwise it is always in the way if you want to remove the tunnel cover.

Back