What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PPL

tjo

Well Known Member
Woo Hoo, I passed my practical today and became an official privat pilot!

Now I have to get the garage cleaned, build a table, and get an empenage going, all while continuing to build time. Oh, and my wife is talking about getting hers now as well. She has been up for a few hours in a 150 with a friend, so maybe she will start on hers next spring, we will see...

Tim

Cool

Congratulations Tim !!

You made me remember how I felt in 75 when I got my private.
It's a great feeling of accomplishment!

Let the games begin...happy building.

Mark

Good Job Tim!

Congratulations Tim!!! Where did you take your training? I live just down the road from you, My Dad and I keep a couple of RV-4s at Person Field, not an RV-7 but your welcome to come and check them out any time, just give a holler.

Congratulations Tim!!! Where did you take your training? I live just down the road from you, My Dad and I keep a couple of RV-4s at Person Field, not an RV-7 but your welcome to come and check them out any time, just give a holler.

I did all my training at Pearson. I'd love to take you up on your offer.

Tim

Congrats

Way to go Tim. Welcome to the club.

I see by your profile, you are interested in the 7. Nice choice!

You are in a great location for getting started on that -7. The factory is not too far away. (The tour is pretty cool and even better if you pick up the empenage at the same time!) Mike Seager is also close when you get closer to flying. There are plenty of flying RVs down south around you.

Also, swing by the Arlington Fly-In and check out the RV scene. Pretty awesome:cool:

Congratulations on the PPL. I am jealous.

Another NW Flyer

Congratulations Tim. Well done getting finished up before the weather set in and made it impossible to get enough practice in to pass!

I did my first RV demo ride about 3 weeks before getting my PPL, and bought tools and the emp kit a few weeks after. I'd definitely recommend joining EAA105 in Portland (Van's Home Wing) and/or chapter 1111 in Kelso. EAA105's 50th anniversary party is coming up at Pearson, and it should be a great time. Here's a Young Eagles Video shot by one of the members of 1111.

Great people in both chapters, and several people are members of each.

Yay!!

Congratulations, I remember in 1975 when I got mine. The best feeling, for sure. Hope you enjoy your build. Experimentals are the best.

bird

Back