What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proseal and tank test

ClarkieSr

I?m fixing a fuel leak in one of tanks on my -10

How long does the proseal need to cure before I test it with fuel?

Realizing that water is denser than avgas can I fill the tank with water to check for leaks or do I need to use a gas?

Thanks
Tom Clark
RV-10 N646LC
KOCF

It needs to cure until hard. Not car tire hard, but not mushy either. Higher temperatures (within reason) will speed the cure. If you leave it in a cool space, it could take a week or more to cure.

If you want a real test, you need to use gasoline. The molecular size of water is larger than gasoline, so a water test may not tell if you've completely fixed the leak.

Daya sheet

The data sheet should be on line and that should say how long till fuel withstand. I typically wait 3 dAys before test with air but have no idea for how long with fuel. My stuff will be 2 years cured before fuel hits it; i dont think you want to wait that long.

I recall seeing a data sheet that gave 116 hours to full cure. My experience is that is about right.
Cheers, DaveH

Talked to a rep a few years ago and was told that the sealer was good to go when you could touch it and not leave finger print. Might give it a go as it has worked for me on many occasions over the years.

Back