What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Injector Install torque

Drippy

Well Known Member
Guys,

I have been fighting a few issues in getting my builder rebuilt IO540C4B5 to start. Thank goodness I have a few friends who have been helping, but my most recent efforts discovered (through the bottle test) that 3 of my 6 injectors were not giving a solid stream, and in addition during the last start attempt a helper noticed that I had fuel pooling around the injectors on that top of the cylinders.

So I am addressing this by soaking all 6 injectors sitting in hoppy oil and will blow them out gently tomorrow. - the manual called for unleaded gas but I have heard hoppy gun oil works well.

To address the leaking around the cylinders I wanted to confirm proper installation. I can't find the proper torque value for my injectors in my trusty overhaul manual - any suggestions?

Guys,

I have been fighting a few issues in getting my builder rebuilt IO540C4B5 to start. Thank goodness I have a few friends who have been helping, but my most recent efforts discovered (through the bottle test) that 3 of my 6 injectors were not giving a solid stream, and in addition during the last start attempt a helper noticed that I had fuel pooling around the injectors on that top of the cylinders.

So I am addressing this by soaking all 6 injectors sitting in hoppy oil and will blow them out gently tomorrow. - the manual called for unleaded gas but I have heard hoppy gun oil works well.

To address the leaking around the cylinders I wanted to confirm proper installation. I can't find the proper torque value for my injectors in my trusty overhaul manual - any suggestions?

60 in/lb Also there is an orientation of the injector to reduce dripping.

Back