What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North Georgia RV activity and airports

smoke

Hello all,
I am looking at retiring mid year and moving to the area. I will be living in Roswell,GA. I was wondering what the RV activity level is and what airport/hangar suggestions might be offered. I am looking at the possibility of building a large hangar at Jasper.
Any comments?
Thanks

Peachtree City-to the south of Atlanta

Falcon RV Squadron has about 37 flying RVs in our group.

Come meet everyone at Mellow Mushroom every Tuesday at 11:30
Average 5-25 each week.

Falcon Field -KFFC

I live in Canton and keep my RV in Cartersville. We have a handful of active guys at VPC. I'd sure be more active if my airplane were to be in Jasper. Hint hint. :)

If I were to build a large hangar (80X60) with dual bi-fold doors, insulated and bathroom etc., do you think that there are enough RV renters to make it worth while? max 8 airplanes with no one having to move to get out.

If I were to build a large hangar (80X60) with dual bi-fold doors, insulated and bathroom etc., do you think that there are enough RV renters to make it worth while? max 8 airplanes with no one having to move to get out.

In that area? Absolutely, IMO.

We have 3 RV's here in Dahlonega, 9A0. Hangar space for rent, or hangar's for sale.

Come on over. It's a real bee hive of activity :):)

Hello all,
I am looking at retiring mid year and moving to the area. I will be living in Roswell,GA. I was wondering what the RV activity level is and what airport/hangar suggestions might be offered. I am looking at the possibility of building a large hangar at Jasper.
Any comments?
Thanks

The GA-400 corridor is awful for airport access. Going up 85, 985 and 75 all offer options, the southernmost airport near 400 is Dahlonega, which is a haul from Roswell...

Back