What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proseal on rivets

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
So I'm working on my RV-14 tanks. I can't find a way to get the proseal on the rivet heads in a way that's pretty, so I'm going to go for thin smear?..

When I looked back at a couple of rivet heads I covered on the first few attempts I didn't quite get proseal all the way around the head.

So is it best to clean off what I can, and make as fresh a surface as possible for a second smear, or can I just put more on top?. It's just about cured now.

Any tips to make this easier, cleaner, prettier, whatever?

Proseal

I would leave it. Cleaning it off may compromise the skin/rib seal.
I used q-tip sticks. Cut the cotton off, wrap the other with a piece of tape to make it a little longer. On the outside, a tiny bit on the stick swirled in the hole then insert rivet and set. On the inside, use the same stick with a small dollop. Go around the shop head a few times then keep going in smaller circles as you lift. Makes little ice cream cone shaped dollops.
Some fill a bag and squeeze it on. I preferred my solution to better eliminate voids. YMMV

Last edited:
Wait 4 to5 hours, then wet your finger with some water and you can move the proseal in what ever shape you want. Dont use a latex glove at this stage as it will sill stick to it, but it wont stick to a wet finger.

Back