What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADAHRS Location in RV-7A

bardample

Patron
I am about to install the ADAHRS for a Dynon Skyview.The mounting plate supplied by Vans is to be installed behind the baggage compartment and within 12 inches of the Dynon pitch servo for the Autopilot. Is this installation too close to ferrous coponents in the pitch servo? Has anyone had any issues with installation of their Dynon ADAHRS . Is it better to install this mounting plate from the ceiling behind the baggage compartment ? bardample Australia

I fabricated a mount up high in the back. It is well away from anything that could affect the magnatometer in the ADAHRS. Cost was nothing, since I just used scraps of material.

IMG_1638-M.jpg

IMG_1639-M.jpg

IMG_1640-M.jpg

I ended up adding a small support for the AOA/Pitot/Static tubing in front of the ADAHRS shelf.
IMG_2715-M.jpg

IMG_2716-M.jpg

IMG_2717-M.jpg

Poke around on my website and you'll probably find some other photos and descriptions of what I did.

Just don't forget, these components will need to be accessible for maintenance in the future :eek:

Back