What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nice Place to Take a Break in Texas

chrispratt

Well Known Member
Traded the Dallas heat for the Hill Country heat in Fredericksburg, Texas this past Friday. Nice break and change of pace for a day and a night. Parked and stayed at the Hangar Hotel on T82 (Gillespie County), visited the Nimitz museum (and must do for WWII buffs), strolled the quaint and clean main street, and generally relaxed. About 1.25 hrs south of DFW via RV. You can often expect some low viz at T82 early morning but it burns off quickly. Must be the Hills. Oh, and Uber is now available so you can skip the car rental.

The flight down was smooth, but usually gets choppy as you descend over the hills.

They've added a tiki bar since the last time I saw this place. No, her name is not Tiki. Look to the right.

The hotel is WWII themed if you didn't know.

Admiral Nimitz may have met his match here.

There was plenty of reading materials for those who prefer some quiet time near the bar ;)

The flight home was pretty quick with the help of tailwinds...hot ones of course.

Chris

your wife is so beautiful. you should stay at the Hangar Hotel forever. I need to book a room there and take my wife.

Last edited:
Thank you

your wife is so beautiful. you should stay at the Hangar Hotel forever. I need to book a room there and take my wife.

She has a great smile and a big heart, so Texas is an appropriate place for her. My wife thanks you for the compliment Steve, and so do I.

I think you'd enjoy the trip. Fredericksburg is known for beer due its strong German heritage and festivals surrounding same. The area is trying to get better at their wine making as well. May I suggest Fall as a better time to visit. We are having a rather brutal summer and it's only June.

Glad you like the pics.

Chris

I took Ann down there once to celebrate an Anniversary. The location was supposed to be a surprise, but after hearing several friends on the radio, she had it figured out pretty quickly.

We need to do it again. If I only had the spare time that I had when I had a real job!

Back