What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind HRT Mini?

JackZ

Well Known Member
I am at the stage of building that I need to order a prop shortly. I am building (slowly) a rv9a. I have 173 hp io 320 to bolt it to. 10:1 compression and electronic ignition. For crankshaft life I have been advised either wood or composite only. I have a hollow crank and a governor. What are your thoughts on the new Whirlwind compressed hrt style prop for lesser hp? Or should I go for the proven rv200?

New?

I am at the stage of building that I need to order a prop shortly. I am building (slowly) a rv9a. I have 173 hp io 320 to bolt it to. 10:1 compression and electronic ignition. For crankshaft life I have been advised either wood or composite only. I have a hollow crank and a governor. What are your thoughts on the new Whirlwind compressed hrt style prop for lesser hp? Or should I go for the proven rv200?

Tell us more about the new HRT prop?
Different than the 74HRT?
or the 74RV?

It is a simplified version of the hrt. Less moving parts and less machining steps. The blade is Smaller than the 74. 3 blade as well as 2 are coming. They are designed to replace the 151 series with a high performance prop for smaller engines. Not sure if I'm supposed to be discussing this yet but it was shared with me by the engineers there. I want the new prop

It is a simplified version of the hrt. Less moving parts and less machining steps. The blade is Smaller than the 74. 3 blade as well as 2 are coming. They are designed to replace the 151 series with a high performance prop for smaller engines. Not sure if I'm supposed to be discussing this yet but it was shared with me by the engineers there. I want the new prop

Wow.....good info! Thanks for sharing. Skunkworks?? :)
A 3 blade WW prop for the 180hp ships would be awesome! Just saying;)

Back