What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tire and canopy storage???

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Received my Finish kit today. Won't be needing the tires or canopy parts for a few months or longer. Wondering if there is a best way to store tires, inner tubes and canopy parts? Please advise.

My canopy has been in the crate for at least 3 years with no ill effect. The temperature in my shed has been as high as 50 degrees C (around130F) at the height of our Aussie summer. All still perfect. Inner tubes should be kept in a dark place. I fitted the tyres and tubes to the wheels, then put them all in a convenient cupboard, ready for future use (soon I hope). Again, no ill effects noticed.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers, DaveH

Last edited:
Thank you all

Thanks to you all who responded to my very basic question. I think that I now have enough info to properly store my tire. Also, I will inflate my inner tubes slightly and place them into the tires for storage. Please advise if this is no good! Thanks again, Ed Eliot

Thanks to you all who responded to my very basic question. I think that I now have enough info to properly store my tire. Also, I will inflate my inner tubes slightly and place them into the tires for storage. Please advise if this is no good! Thanks again, Ed Eliot

Yes it is. I would inflate them enough to get the creases from the folds out of the tubes, if not installing them on the wheels and be ready as Dave did is probably the best idea.

Back