What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Vertical Stab to F-712 bolt holes

Arie

Well Known Member
Good day RV friends
I was looking ahead in the plans on how the V/S gets bolted onto the F-712 bulkhead on the RV7 ( not the A model). I see at the bottom of the V/S spar there are three bolts. Two go through the rudder hinge bracket and the spar and the F712 bulkhead and lastly the WD409 tailwheel mount. The other bolt right at the bottom is the same except that it doesn't go through the rudder hinge bracket. I do however have a question regarding the bolt right at the bottom. I see that there is a tooling hole in the F712 bulkhead in approximately the spot where the bottom bolt goes through. Is this tooling hole used for the bottom bolt and opened up to 1/4 inch for the AN4 bolt? If not how is the edge distance to the tooling hole if you drill for a AN4 bolt higher up from the tooling hole?
Maybe a picture of your drilled holes in the F712 will clear up my confusion. Sorry for the long winded question.....

Thanx Joe. Mike Bullock certainly has a very detailed blog. I use it often for reference, but I could not find the answer to my question. Thats why I asked here after going through Mike's website.
Let me try asking the question simpler. Is the tooling hole at the bottom of the F712 bulkhead used for the bottom bolt to attach the V/S spar to the bulkbead?
Kind regards
Arie

Back