What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Facts at 1000 hours

Vlad

Well Known Member
My tach turned 1K hours on 2-16-2014. Hobbs time was more, counted by a Russian Bear clock. Approximately 2 % more. The difference was mainly because of two dissimilar counting systems. Tachometer is cable driven and Hobbs is of a spring winding variety. :D

Quick facts on super simple powered by two-mags-solid-crank-carbedO320-fixed-pitch.

Geography. Two foreign countries visited.

Fields landed. One Class Bravo (KLAS). Tons of Classes C&D. 68 different grass airstrips visited. 5 ice landing sites with more then two dozen landings. 3 landings on surfaces I can not classify.

Fun. Accumulated 500,000 metric tons.

ASRS reports ... I'll miss that...

Consumables. Oil filters - 23. Spark plugs - 4. Intake gaskets - 3 sets. That's about all I could remember. Flying my RV-9A for about 2.6 years.

Humorous comments welcomed :D

Vlad-tastic!

Thanks for many travel reports and interesting photos around the country!

Simply . . Vlad-tastic !!

1000 hours / 2.6 years = 384.6 hours per year, or 32 hours per month or just over an hour a day.

I know you spend a lot of time eating, do you ever sleep????

Congrats:D

nice milestone. congrats. whats next. headed south some time soon? :D
2630ce2c9f978e673f463e8c054e7d7d.jpg

Remarkable

Vlad...when browsing VAF posts, I look at new posts related to RV10....and any new posts from Vlad because they are always extraordinary and well worth reading:) Congrats on 1000 hrs!

Vlad...when browsing VAF posts, I look at new posts related to RV10....and any new posts from Vlad because they are always extraordinary and well worth reading:) Congrats on 1000 hrs!

Thanks Jack nice to hear :D

Congrats on 1000 hrs buddy. Can't say I'm catching you in time but following in your footsteps. Lots of places and lots of fun. Time to get warm.....:D

Oil

Way to go Vlad!

I have a reusable oil filter on my RV8. You might consider getting one. You would make it pay with that much flying.

Commendable!

Congratulations Vlad! The Russian quote at the bottom of your tag summarizes your life well. Keep it up, keep 'em coming and be safe.

Outstanding

You're amazing Vlad - you continue to inspire my build.

How's the engine overhaul fund???? :eek:

Congrats and Thanks!

Way to go Vlad - 1000 hours is quite an accomplishment...especially when seeing it from this side of the rivet gun! Also, Thanks for always providing so much inspiration for me/us to keep driving those rivets! I owe you a lunch (at least):D

Really awesome Vlad!

We had our first flights 1 week apart. I'm at 200 hrs or 20% of your number:eek:, probably had 10% the adventures you had!

Stay safe. Talk soon:)

Vlad,

You have definitely set the bar very high for getting maximum utilization out of your airplane! Don't wear it out too soon. :D

Thanks for the inspiration and great travel stories.

Nice round number Vlad - excellent!

Now looking at your map, if you shoot a cross-country line halfway between the upper one and the next one down, it will fall right on Lake Tahoe - you need to come visit out here. We have hangar and tie-down space, a room with a bed - and I know there are restaurants around here that you haven't' pillaged yet!

Vlad escapades

1000 hours of spying from the sky is amazing. And to think of how many meals you have consumed is even more mind boggling! I must admit, you are an inspiration to those that fly (not spy).
Keep up the informative travels and write ups. Very enjoyable.

Let me know if you are ever in the Houston, TX area. I have a smoker/grill/bbq equipment that will satisfy a hungry man.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A
N942PT Flying. Phase I complete.

Dues paid.

Vlad,

I knew it was only a matter of time before you reached 1000 hrs :D

I'm happy that we were on your destination list. I hope we get to see you again in the next 1000.
Free food and shelter. There, the irresistible Vlad trap has been set.:)

Vlad, I know you came --->||<--- this close to seeing the beautiful Oregon coast and spending some time in our state. PLEASE come back! There are a lot of beautiful places here, excellent food, and the greatest people. I hope to meet you in person one day, too. You have to come to Vans Homecoming. You are an inspiration! Oh... did I mention we have great food?

Nice Work

Wow that is alot of flying. Glass up to a 1000 more. My wife always said "Sounds like you wish you could travel in the RV as much as Vlad:D" Love your posts. One day, maybe one day! Let me guess you have the most hours on an unpainted RV too. Lol.

WOW

Hey Vlad,

Save some airspace for the rest of us.

That is a remarkable accomplishment. I would just hope to put 1000 hours on my plane over the rest of my life. Congratulations.

FYI, I am about half way through the canopy/windshield and that is just about all I have left. See ya soon.

чистое небо

Vlad,

simply amazing!
where do you find time for maintenance in between??? ;-)
and you must have a flexible job situation to do that many longer trips...
on to the next 1000!

happy landings,
bernie

Thanks all. It's not that hard and not much gas if you fly at this speed :D

Homecoming 2016 in the calendar. 2015 I will be busy building "the other RV". 2014 is the year of Epic Trip :D

Maintenance on my RV is very easy. I do condition inspection quarterly. No glass to update no AP to calibrate. Best rust prevention is continuos flying.
Job, well that the whole another story. Work for a non-profit agency. No OT and not a single brain cell used. Sat and Sun off guaranteed. Can't complain.

Back