What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak servo mount

Available on Trutrak website

All of the installation instructions ----- just completed a -4 install a week ago.

Have fun in the tail cone!

Ron

I just installed a trutrak serve last week. I chose not to drill out the existing rivets. I made a mount that sandwiched to the outside of the mounts, and held the servo about an inch further back. It works very well.

Here is a pic that I used to model. This isn't mine, but mine looks very similar.

I did a 230 mile flight in partial IFR. It worked perfect. Trutrak makes a nice product.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75S03sk7sCyaXprTzc2Y0l3Rmc

Thanks

Todd, thanks for the info. If I understand correctly you didn't drill out and replace the top angles that are currently on the bell crank in the tunnel. Did you just use straight flats on the sides as the pic shows?

I used two pieces on the outsides of the pre-existing mounts. I started by using hack saw blades as the size shape to make the arms. I used .040 for my mounts. That worked well but there was a little lateral movement. I made the mounts again, but made them slightly taller with a small 90 bend in the bottom. They fit right into the elbow of the existing bell crank mount.

So basically this exact picture, with the arms sporting a 90 bend extending out 1/8 inch.

Last edited:
roll servo mount

Here's what I did for the roll mount. I hope this picture is posted...
IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

Last edited:
Back