$6001-$7000 12 9.60%
$7001-$8000 28 22.40%
$8001-$9000 18 14.40%
$9001-$10000 16 12.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Your host.

Default What Are These RV-10 QB Wings Worth?

...help me decide what to ask for them (a poll)

This is a little different for the site. A friend (update: from dry New Mexico) delivered his ten year old (I think) standard kit built RV-10 wings that are a little past the QB stage with these instructions, "Get what you can get for them." I bought a car from the guy years ago (he gave me a good deal), so I'm returning the favor.

There is a dent in one of the ailerons. There is some rust on some of the steel parts. One of the end ribs has a tear in it and will need to be patched. I don't know if the tanks leak or not. They were stored in New Mexico and there is some sand in the nooks and crannies. Comes with the wing stand.

The mothership offers the standard wing kit for $11,450. You can order a QB RV-10 wing for an additional $6,325. There is a 10 week wait on RV-10 wing kits. So, if you wanted this new we're talking somewhere in the area of $17K. What's it worth? I dunno. Please vote what you think in the poll and what I'll probably do is look at the bell curve distribution in a week or so, then offer them for a price slightly left (cheaper) of the average.

Yours in thrift and helping friends,
dr

See the pictures in greater detail:
https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Temp/RV10-wingsforsale/

PS: The two missing wing skins and other flap are still with the owner - he'll ship them to me or you (with pics).

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 08-01-2019 at 02:25 PM.