What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish kit wait times

JwWright57

Well Known Member
Anyone else having issues getting all the pieces for the finish kit? I ordered mine July 5th and AM STILL WAITING for some pieces! It's getting ridiculous. I called Vans today (they never seem to send parts in stock unless I nag them) and now the nose wheel wont be in until mid February and who knows about the other bits....

It's the third time I've been waiting a significant amount of time during my build and I am way past frustrated.

This is the one aspect I never took into consideration when i was evaluating the different kits to build. In hindsight I wouldn't have picked a 12 to build knowing this.

There's got to be more to your story. I've had nothing but exceptional service from Van's, be it large orders (RV12 kits) or small (bits & pieces, fasteners, etc) ... will be ordering final kit (avionics) & flying soon :)

Here is my finish kit time line;

Initial kit lead time 12 weeks (which I planned for)

called about week 13 since i had heard absolutely nothing and was given another 5 weeks due to back ordered parts.

Called about 7 weeks later (still nothing from Vans) and was told they missing parts would be in stock in 2 weeks.

Called back 3 weeks later (still no parts). Got Vans to send me what they had, so at least I could get something going....First day working on the finish kit 12/15/19.

So about about 25 weeks ish before I had any parts at all.....

Back