What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where is Fuel pressure normally sensed?

Bcone1381

Well Known Member
I?m setting up values for an engine monitor that I ordered (EI-CGR-30p) and am researching engine limitations for a Lycoming IO-360-b1b (your basic parallel valve, 180 hp engine FI engine). The TCSD documents the fuel pressure value sensed at the inlet to the fuel pump of -2 to +35psi.

Do I really want the fuel pressure sensed there? A fuel pressure indication downstream of the engine driven pump seems more useful. If I choose the downstream location, what are normal values ....green arc, yellow arcs etc.

This unit will be used on a high wing aircraft with gravity feeding the gascolator then the electric fuel pump.

There is a fitting that goes on the fuel pump specifically for fuel pressure. From the pump it would go directly to the carb/injection system. If the fuel pump isn't pumping, it will indicate 0 psi.

Thanks! I placed one of those in my shopping cart. Also, I found the fuel pressure value for the supply to the servo... 14 - 45psi if the pumps are plumbed in series.

Back