What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Line

balog

Hello,

I have an RV8 with a superior cold air sump/forward facing horizontal mount servo. I am looking for the length and/or part number for the fuel line from the servo to the fuel divider for an RSA-5 fuel injector. Is there a vendor that anyone would recommend that has a prefabricated line? Aircraft spruce sells lines but you have to give them the dimensions.

I am assuming most people just drill a hole in the inter-cylinder baffle between #1 and #3 to run the line?

Thanks!

Yup

Tom is the man. I'd use some thin alum line and measure the line myself. There is always a little variation.

For whats it worth I ordered a thin -3 line in error on my RV8 that was way too long. I just kept the line to measure all other required lines before ordering. The bend radius made the measurements more accurate for TS.

Yup drill hole there but all I've seen had the hole already drilled and grommet installed.

LOL----it doesnt matter how many you make for 'like' equipped systems, there will always be alittle variance. We've had them from 13-20 inches depending on HOW the builder wanted route them. Want to know how many we've modified for guys that wanted to change things? Dont ask!!.

BOY I WISH we had a mockup case with a A1A sump, a M1B sump and a Superior sump--sorry JB, just dont hear of alot about the ECI sumps out there. At the same time, we wish we had a Bendix servo, a Silverhawk servo, an Avstar servo, and a FM150 AFP servo. Oh yeah and the different flow dividers with different inlet ports to do real time mockups on ALL the combinations of this install. Takes a bunch of $$$$ and space to do this in. Maybe one day. Until then, we work with the builder on how he/she wants the routing on THEIR plane, not mine, not yours, but theirs. Most use the tried and proven routings of others with tremendous reliability. Some, well "gee Tom, can you shorten this hose another 1/8 of an inch?" "OOPS my tape measure slipped, can you stretch this hose 1/4 inch"?

Point is we try to get the builder to tell us exactly what they want, and if they are looking for recommendations, we try to give them the average of all the similar ones we've done. Moral is, that unless YOUR plane is exactly like your buddys, with exactly the same equipment in exactly the same locations, then, his hose length probably isnt going to work for you.

Tom

Back