What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oldie but goodie, QT halo v Clarity Aloft

carrollcw

Well Known Member
Looks like the last thread was a few years ago, now that some time has passed, which should I buy? I already have a Bose A20, but want to go with something less bulky/lighter. Thoughts?

Have two halos.

I have a two David Clarks, a Bose and two Halos. I love use the Halos never used clarity aloft but the halos work so well I don't think I could justify the extra money. And I'm pretty good at justifing "extra money":D

I have no experience with the Halo's so I can't offer an opinion on them. But, I do like my Clarity Alofts w/Bluetooth. The ability to listen to music, make & receive phone calls, is what steered my towards the purchase. Granted, they cost a bit more than the Halo's.

Quit talking about 'bulk' and admit all the Texas Big Hairs you are dragging around are complaining about damage to their 'doos! :D I only say that because one of the locals is going through that problem now with a Baltimore Hon Hair. I predict the headset will well outlast the woman, but I'll pass on everyone's recommendations!

It may be in the other threads or not so here is one difference ...

I have a friend who is "large" and has a "large" head. He tried to use my Clarity Aloft and couldn't because there was not enough circumference in the headset. He flies with Halo now.

I have a friend who is "large" and has a "large" head. He tried to use my Clarity Aloft and couldn't because there was not enough circumference in the headset. He flies with Halo now.
Wait, have we met? :) I did find the Halos a little more comfortable than the CA set, but it would depend a lot on the size and shape of one's noggin. The CA seems to be made out of much stiffer wire & tubing.

I suggest you read the other, recent, thread on this very issue. I recommend the Halos but there were a lot of opinions and information.

Back