What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which AN816 Fitting?

10builder

Well Known Member
Hooking up the fuel pressure line to the sensor and noticed in ACS that there are two different fitting sizes: AN816-4 and AN816-4-4. I'm not able to find any information on the difference. Thanks for the guidance.

The second dash number is the size of the NPT side of the fitting if it is non standard (bigger of smaller) than "standard." Standard pipe thread for a -4 adaptor is 1/8 NPT. To get that fitting with the larger 1/4" NPT fitting it would be called AN816-4-4.

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the replies - really appreciate your help. (Tom - will be calling you this week for some additional hoses).

To reiterate...you want the RESTRICTOR fitting, not an AN816. This is a fail-safe mechanism to prevent spraying gobs of fuel out of the fitting should it or the hose fail.

Thanks Tom S.!

Appreciate the folks who quickly answered my question, especially Tom (TS FLIGHTLINES) for identifying the ACS p/n for the restrictor (05-11908) and for also sending me a beautiful set of teflon firesleeved hoses that fit perfectly!

Appreciate the folks who quickly answered my question, especially Tom (TS FLIGHTLINES) for identifying the ACS p/n for the restrictor (05-11908) and for also sending me a beautiful set of teflon firesleeved hoses that fit perfectly!

Maybe it's my eyes but is that a solid rigid pipe partially covered with firesleeve coming out of the fuel pump to somewhere?? If it is, would get rid of it. If my eyes are lying to me, I apologize.

Maybe it's my eyes but is that a solid rigid pipe partially covered with firesleeve coming out of the fuel pump to somewhere?? If it is, would get rid of it. If my eyes are lying to me, I apologize.

I would think it's one of Tom S's nice Teflon hoses with a 90 degree end fitting. This 90 degree bend end fitting with solid line section makes for a good fit around the local obstructions.

However, if that hose is from the fuel pump to carb. then a solid hose is quite acceptable since the fuel pump and carb move/vibrate together.

Certified planes can us solid lines here.

I would think it's one of Tom S's nice Teflon hoses with a 90 degree end fitting. This 90 degree bend end fitting with solid line section makes for a good fit around the local obstructions.

However, if that hose is from the fuel pump to carb. then a solid hose is quite acceptable since the fuel pump and carb move/vibrate together.

Certified planes can us solid lines here.

I love it. They vibrate together. If the solid line is hanging out there and not properly supported it most likely will fail. Each to his own. My comfort level requires an A/C quality flex line for that application. Oh Well

Not solid

Larry,

What you are seeing at the far end is a straight fitting from pump to flexible firelsleeved teflon hose terminated at the near end by a 90 stainless fitting into the carb. The hose pictured is not solid.

I love it. They vibrate together. If the solid line is hanging out there and not properly supported it most likely will fail. Each to his own. My comfort level requires an A/C quality flex line for that application. Oh Well

Doesn't say it's not supported. If it's longer than the recommended length between end points it can be clamped - just to the engine, not to the airframe. :)

Just like the CS prop control oil line.

Back