What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick Mags

Adam

Well Known Member
I have a Superior IO-360 with plan old mags. So that said has any one installed The Slick booster to help start the engine and is it worth the extra money.

Thanks
Adam Silversten
Finish 8-

I considered it when my engine began to get difficult to start. Then I thought, why is it hard to start. Age of left mag was unknown. Replaced left mag. Easy to start again. Bottom line, if you "need" the start boost, maybe you need to look elsewhere.

WTB SlickStart

I made the mistake of not buying the SlickStart module when I purchased my TMX-540 a year ago. My left mag is the Slick 6393 and my understanding is that I need the SS1001 for this type of retard breaker mag. I cannot seem to locate one; everyone tells me they're out of stock and Unison has discontinued them for a future replacement product.:confused:

Brian
RV-10 #40308
FF

My engine is an IO-360A1A out of a Mooney. I was told by one of the guys at Mattituck that this engine didn't originally have an impulse coupling but had shower of sparks. I chose to stick with the non-impulse coupled Slick mags and the Slick Start module. It has worked as advertised.

Karl

Back