What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heater cable broke

AirHound

Well Known Member
Ok fellas go easy on me. Inner wire broke vicinity friction bends. I didn?t build it so does the assembly come complete or do I just order just the wire and try to rethread it through all those bends. I?m guessing order inner and outer complete.

heater cable

Order a new cable and you then you have a choice of either just replace the centre and if that doesnt thread in easily you can run the new complete cable in

When I installed mine I found that I didn?t need the little plate that ?kinks? the cable housing for friction to hold the heater door. Removing it will probably make threading the replace,ent cable a lot easier.

When I installed mine I found that I didn’t need the little plate that “kinks” the cable housing for friction to hold the heater door. Removing it will probably make threading the replace,ent cable a lot easier.

Thanks Rich, will give it a go again. Last winter here in your old stomping grounds the heat was needed and the door wouldn’t stay open so I had to install/adjust that plate. The intake air pressure is pretty strong to stay open without some friction/more like binding/ force at play. Maybe The newness will work without it though, no big deal.

Snap, in more ways than one

Ok fellas go easy on me. Inner wire broke vicinity friction bends. I didn?t build it so does the assembly come complete or do I just order just the wire and try to rethread it through all those bends. I?m guessing order inner and outer complete.

Mine has just broken too. How much did the replacement cost? Did you manage to just replace the inner piano wire?

Broken Heater Cable

Mine has just broken too. How much did the replacement cost? Did you manage to just replace the inner piano wire?

If retaining the knob placard "PULL/ON" concerns you, then order whole new cable from VANs and just use/insert/feed new inner wire thru old cable, and unscrew old knob with placard to put on end of new wire where you will have to unscrew the new knob...Otherwise, leave new wire and new knob alone, just insert it into old cable, and also buy the VANs RV-12 sheet of placards and placard the new knob with "PULL/ON", again if placarding is a factor for you....

Back