Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-10-2018, 11:48 AM

Post Spray Paint Test - Intro Video

Hi

How about an introduction to the introduction!?

I am currently a live streamer over on twitch.tv. I have been making content for flight simulators for a few years and now I have branched out to real world aircraft. Currently I am building a Vans RV10 to be owned by a non profit and operated for charitable purposes as well as promotion of general aviation. The aircraft will be completely/hopefully crowd funded.

The entire build, every rivet and swear word is being streamed so people can see what it takes to build a aircraft, set up a work space or what equipment to use.

Which is where this video comes in! Yes I am throwing my hat into the ring about the undying debate on paint/primer.

The video here is an introduction, and discussion I guess as to my thoughts/logic on why I am only going to use pressure pack (rattle can) paint. Itís long. But I think itís important to cover all the thoughts over why something is or shouldnít be used. Ie yes I talk about alodine and pick on a YouTube video/person.

The idea of the video series is, that out of the commercially available cans of paint. Which offers corrosion resistance and value for money. I want to know if there is any value of a 30 dollar can of SEM primer over no name 5 Canadian peso branded primer.

Is it going to be for everyone? No. Some will have the setup for 2 pak Paint. With air compressors and all the trimmings. However my build is limited on budget (as I guess we all are). But more importantly I want to build a plane, not be preparing for paint and setting up, cleaning up a air compressed spray booth. I want protection, but I donít need added processes that bog down the build and add little to it.

In summary. Pressure packs are easy, I can apply paint to a part and have the part back on my work bench in 2min.

The link! Future videos are recorded already, I have the paint already shot. So expect a follow up video shortly with the results of the paint. However the corrosion tests will be in a 3rd video.

And for a shameless plug, if you want to tune in and watch live. http://twitch.tv/aerosimgaming

But here is the offending video about paint!

https://youtu.be/SWbjzvMZyoA