What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR 200

I love the GTR200, best radio I've used thus far (other are icom 210 and SL40). I'm using it as my only radio in my RV-8 and using it's internal intercom which has autovox and works perfectly. I have both aux inputs hooked up with one being the skyview and one the AOA so you can balance the volumes of both of those and the intercom / radio to make everything line up nicely.

I've also flown in a RV-12 with the GTR200 and it works just as nicely there.

I fitted one a few weeks ago to replace an old VAL 760 TSO.
I got the pre-wired harness with it from Aircraft Spruce that really simplified the installation. They didn't make the P2 headphone wiring long enough to reach the back seat, but other than that it worked well.

So far, I'm very impressed. The stand-by frequency monitoring is useful, the intercom works very well. I have one of the aux inputs connected to a Garmin 795, but it could also be used for music input and is muted when tx/rx is in use.

It must be the best value on the market for a single com installation.

Outstanding Radio

I was one of the first few to install and fly with the GTR200. One of the software changes were based on my input.

Great radio, Fastastic intercom.

Second the comment on the ACS harness. I ordered their harness as well and installation took less than an hour. Not flying yet but display is great, audio quality excellent.

Chris

Awesome input, guys. I have a GTR 200 still in the box, and I sprung for the prewired ACS harness too, so I'm glad everyone has great things to say about it.

GTR200

I have been using the GTR200 for nine months and it has performed very well. The internal intercom with 3D Stereo is crystal clear.

Chad

Another happy GTR200 customer here. Aircraft Spruce made my harness too, but they swapped the left and right channels so my "3D audio" is reversed. I need to get in there and swap some pins, but haven't taken the time to pull it out yet and do that. Not an issue with the radio, thankfully.

Back