What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 builders going to Oshkosh?

Yank

I?m planning on making it to Oshkosh for a day (23rd). Hopefully I will be able to meet a few builders there.....

Mike Yankovich
RV-14 kit #140495

Ill be there

I will be there but not really a 14 builder, yet...
Assuming Sid doesn't change my plans, I will be there Wed-Friday

Ill be there

Arriving Sunday, staying until at least Thursday. Nearing completion; wings will be bolted on this Friday. First flight maybe in September.

I flew my RV14A in last year and plan to fly again this year. I?ll probably come in on Saturday and leave mid week.

Are any other 14 builds planning on going? And do any of you want to park together?

I just finished my Annual Condition Inspection. No real surprises.

Steve

I flew my RV14A in last year and plan to fly again this year. I’ll probably come in on Saturday and leave mid week.

Are any other 14 builds planning on going? And do any of you want to park together?

I just finished my Annual Condition Inspection. No real surprises.

Steve
Sandy and I will arrive Saturday and stay all week. We will be parked in HBC

Last edited:
Sat - Thurs

I plan to arrive the Saturday before the show and probably leave Thursday. I will be camping with my 14A.

Will definitely be there on the 28th. Looking forward to seeing some great looking RV?s and talking to the vendors to get some avionics ideas.

I will be there Sunday through Wednesday. I am not a builder yet, but will hopefully be putting in my order for a 14A at the show! Perhaps the 14 group should choose a time and place to gather.

I am planning to fly in Sunday and stay until Saturday morning. I?ll be in GAC unless my tent blows over to HBC. I am on the Friday afternoon shift for the RV-12. Those who go before me, build fast so the only thing left for me to do is the first taxi. ;)

All week working the booth

I will be working the booth in hangar D, Rapidset Buildings for hangars, next to Schweiss door. Also my wife is coming Wednesday for the first time at an airshow. And not really in favor of RV-building, even if it is a 14.

Also some feedback for the helpers at Vans, I took a couple "rides" at shows in the RV-14 before committing. And the folks helping Van's, putting in the time, going around the pattern a bit but "not really into it". I am grateful for you guys! It must be hard assuming "this guy is a newb" or "no way they can afford" etc. Ya never know. and I bet the "ride per sale" percent is much higher then one would think.

I think building the RV-14 is the most amazing experience, and yes you can do it if you doubt you can do it! Just ask me!

I would love to meet other RV'ers if you want to hangar "D" and introduce yourself.
Thanks, Larry

Back