What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bag contents

az_gila

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a digital file of the contents of all of the QB paper bag contents?

Something that can be searched on a PC.

I wanted to do the same thing - get a searchable file. Vans was happy to send me a scanned PDF but not a searchable file.

IMO after 1.5 builds

This is one of the biggest improvements Van's could (easily) make to their kits.

Gil,
Call Vans they can email you a text file in no time. I've done this with all my kits and it is a lifesaver.

OK,

My first reply was facetious but......

Really chaps - get rid of the bags !

Spend a night or two decanting everything into categorised drawers. Get a couple of large multi drawer Stanley flat boxes from Home Despot. The ones with clear tops. Just write on the tops in best blue Sharpie. When empty - wipe off and rename.

All your fasteners go into drawers, all the twiddly bits get labelled in ways you will remember them such as canopy bits, connectors, AN fittings, even down to a box or two just named weird sh*t !!!!

Hey - where is such and such ?

Don't know, look in the weird sh*t box :D

The prints don't reference to bags, they use parts call outs.

In a 7, an 8 and 2 12's it has worked a treat.

Yep

I spent quite a bit of time doing inventory, consolidating parts, labeling and putting into storage cabinets. Takes time but saves more when you know where the parts are...

I've emailed vans for an electronic version of kit inventory for each kit i purchased. they've been happy to send it to me each time. its been invaluable when i can't find something on the printed list.

I spent quite a bit of time doing inventory, consolidating parts, labeling and putting into storage cabinets. Takes time but saves more when you know where the parts are...

1055.2.JPG

That's the same thing I did. Boxes are from harbor freight. One box of rivets. One with bolts, etc. About two hours work labeling things as I inventory them from the kit, and then huge time savings later.

They have sent me an Excell sheet for the wing kit. I am sure they have the same for the others. Just a quick email to them.

Like the others said, get rid of the bags though. I am up to 3 storage cabinets now. This picture was taken when I had 2, now there is a 3rd one next to these as well.

20170510_105928.jpg

Back