What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No fuel flow reading with Red Cube

csgj

For 2 days I was getting GPH fluctuations then in the 3rd had zero read out of the EI fuel flow gauge
I replaced the transducer but no change
Called EI went thru the troubleshooting checklist
(Red wire has power, white wire sending impulse, connections look good) but still no flow reading but otherwise display of gauge fine
Tried different connectors as well as just connecting the bare wires together from the transducer wires to the instrument wires in case the supplied connectors from EI was the problem
No change
Ei thinks it is a connection problem not the transducer but I can't find a connection problem
While running the engine I may sporadically get a .4-.6 readout at a high rpm
Otherwise engine running fine
Electrical problem solving is not my forte so I thought someone may have been in this situation to help me out?
Thanks!
Craig

Had an intermittent issue with mine a few years ago and found a bad crimp on the factory installed connector.

Changed it out and it has been rock solid since.

Had an intermittent issue with mine a few years ago and found a bad crimp on the factory installed connector.

Changed it out and it has been rock solid since.

I have seen this as well. Putting on a new spade or even a butt splice has fixed a problem like this for me. Make sure the sender is oriented correctly per the instructions. It does not work correctly in all orientations.

I would also confirm that you have a good ground. Check the resistance with a VOM.

Larry

Found it!

Turns out there was a TINY crack in the white wire way up behind the panel and rubbing against metal causing the problem
Thanks for your help, guys!

Back